Specialist solicitors to the construction and engineering industries
In the UK, many standard form construction contracts now provide that disputes be finally determined through the courts, rather than in arbitration. Given the multi-disciplinary nature of projects, construction claims frequently involve many parties which, typically, means that they can only be resolved effectively through the courts.
Advantages of Construction Litigation:
- The Technology and Construction Court (TCC) is generally regarded as providing decision making of the highest quality.
- TCC judges have extensive powers to compel the parties to comply with time frames and to impose significant sanctions for non-compliance.
- Multi-party actions can be tried at the same time.
- Ordinarily, the successful party is entitled to a cost award in its favour.
- There is a relatively straightforward appeals procedure.
How can Hawkswell Kilvington Help:
Anyone who is engaged in a construction dispute may find that they need representation by experienced construction and engineering solicitors who have experience in winning these types of cases. This is particularly true of litigation, which is the most formal dispute resolution process.
Hawkswell Kilvington has extensive experience in successfully bringing and defending claims, particularly in the TCC. These have included numerous complex multi-party disputes as well as more straightforward bilateral claims.
To find out more about Construction Litigation or to start proceedings,