Construction law seminars
Construction Law Seminar | The Defective Premises Act: its role in Building Safety • Limitation of Liability • Case Law Update: Payment, Jurisdiction and Limitation
2 November 2023 (Leeds) | 9 November 2023 (Manchester) | 28 November 2023 (London)
The fast-moving and often complex nature of change within the construction industry means a comprehensive and up to date understanding of contractual and commercial issues has always been essential to success.
To promote understanding of recent important changes and issues, Hawkswell Kilvington are presenting a series of half-day seminars to bring you fully up to speed. Book your place today!
The Seminar Will Cover:
- The Defective Premises Act – a comprehensive review of its role in building safety including key provisions and potential defences; important changes introduced by the Building Safety Act 2022; and recent judicial consideration including retrospectivity and the duty owed to developers.
- Limitation of Liability – we consider the negotiation and drafting of assorted contractual limitation and exclusion clauses and their profound bearing on the allocation of financial risk.
- Case Law Update – our seminar will conclude with a review of recent cases dealing with payment, jurisdiction and limitation of actions, including several key decisions at appellate level.
- Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, Leeds, LS15 8ZB (Jct 46 M1), 2 November 2023 (am)
- Etihad Stadium Manchester City Football Club, M11 3FF, 9 November 2023 (am)
- IDRC, 1 Paternoster Lane, London, EC4M 7BQ, 28 November 2023 (am)
Contractors, sub-contractors, developers, project managers, house builders, funders, public bodies, modular builders, local authorities, education providers, health trusts, trade associations, architects, quantity surveyors, engineers, insurers, brokers, finance directors, commercial directors, construction directors, chemical and oil companies and utility network operators.
How to Book
There is a non-refundable charge of £50.00 plus VAT (£60.00) per delegate, including refreshments on arrival. Please complete the booking form and return it to: Claire Crawshaw, Hawkswell Kilvington Limited, 2nd Floor, 3150 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds LS15 8ZB (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The PDF version of the invite and seminar programme can be found here: Construction Law Update Seminar Invitation
Payment can be made by:
- BACS upon your receipt of our VAT invoice.
- Credit card – please email your booking form to email@example.com who will call you back to take payment.
Payment must be made within 14 days of receipt of invoice, or your reservation may be cancelled.
If you cannot make the date and want the seminar in house or should you have any queries about the seminars, please contact Claire Crawshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.