The construction law specialists
Hawkswell Kilvington is a niche and award-winning law firm, one of only a handful of firms in the UK whose sole focus is on providing legal services to the construction and engineering industries. We work for a diverse range of domestic and multinational employers, main contractors, sub-contractors, and supply chain clients on contracts across the UK and beyond.
Our team of professional and highly experienced lawyers have up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of the latest legal developments, and always adopt a pragmatic, commercial and cost-effective approach. We offer an incredibly personal service and a high level of partner involvement.
Our contentious team is renowned for understanding objectives and developing effective, practical, and commercial dispute resolution strategies. Where formal disputes cannot be avoided the team have vast experience in dealing with construction-related disputes under all forms of construction contract (including JCT, NEC and FIDIC) and in a wide range of forums, including adjudication, litigation and arbitration, direct negotiation, early neutral evaluation, and mediation. The team have also successfully enforced and resisted enforcement of many adjudication decisions through the Technology and Construction Court
Our non-contentious team is known for providing a straightforward approach to project documentation, always with a view to minimising client risk. We support clients by drafting, advising on and negotiating amendments to all standard forms of construction contracts, including JCT, NEC and FIDIC, along with more bespoke forms of contracts. They also deal with professional appointments, novation agreements, letters of intent, performance bonds, parent company guarantees, framework and joint venture agreements and warranties. Finally, they provide practical advice on procurement options and regularly help with negotiating project reset documentation, including deeds of variation.
We are recognised and ranked in the top tier of Legal 500 for construction and receive regular glowing reviews in Chambers & Partners. We have been described as providing an “unparalleled service across the full range of contentious and non-contentious matters” and boasting “an enviable client roster of leading companies in the construction space”.
What makes us different from other construction law firms?
- We have a team of highly experienced lawyers who have an in-depth understanding of the construction industry.
- We have an incredibly competitive fee structure which provides our clients with great value for money.
- We offer unusually high levels of partner involvement that you don’t get from larger firms.
- We are happy to come into your business and provide in-house training to your team on the legal and commercial issues that matter to you.
- We aim to make ourselves available to clients at all times and respond to clients quickly.
- We present regular seminars which allow our clients to keep up to date with the latest developments in construction and engineering law in a cost-effective way.
- We have an incredibly diverse client base which allows us to understand our clients’ problems from all perspectives.
Whatever your requirement, we almost certainly have the expertise you seek. In fact, it won’t take a minute to contact one of our construction lawyers to find out more.