Specialist solicitors to the construction and engineering industries
Who are we?
- Hawkswell Kilvington is a boutique law firm specialising in construction and engineering; one of only a handful of such firms in the UK.
- We provide legal advice in areas ranging from contract procurement and negotiation through to dispute resolution, all with a straightforward, no-nonsense commercial approach.
- We have a wealth of experience in dealing with issues relating to office developments, industrial units, shopping centres, hospitals, schools and colleges, airports, power plants and large infrastructure projects.
- The firm is ranked highly in Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, as are a number of our solicitors.
- Training and development is at the heart of what we do. Our aim is always for our trainee solicitors to be retained, and to have a long and successful career with the firm. Two of our current Partners trained with the firm and are testament to this.
What is construction law?
- The construction industry is one of the most significant contributors to UK GDP. You only have to look at the skyline in any major town or city to see the vast amount of construction work being undertaken.
- Construction law is an area of legal practice dealing with matters relating to the built environment (infrastructure, construction and engineering).
- It encompasses many different areas of law, including contract, tort, and commercial to name but a few.
- It really is very diverse, covering a vast range of legal issues including contract negotiations, payment disputes, defects and professional negligence claims.